A Guide for Parents & Carers
How good is your child’s attendance?
Attendance raises achievement – every lesson counts.
Why is attendance important?
Attending school on a regular basis is the key to your child doing well at school and sets them up with good habits from an early age through to adulthood and the working world.
|Attending school every day||100% attendance|
|Missing ½ a day each week = 90%||4 weeks missed every year|
|Missing 1 day each week = 80%||More than half a term missed every year|
|Missing 1½ days each week = 70%||More than a quarter of the school year missed|
It also gives children the opportunity to:
- make lots of friends and feel included;
- boost social skills, confidence and self-esteem;
- develop their skills to learn new things;
- achieve their full potential;
- improve their career prospects.