Keep your child home if you can.
stay at home if you can with your family to minimise the spread of COVID19.
Dear Parents and Carers
We are receiving updated advice all the time from the Government as well as the Local Authority and other schools in the area. I would like to clarify some issues that have been raised:
- Schools across the UK are closed to all but children of “key workers” and the most vulnerable pupils, should their parents wish to send them.
- Government advice is very clear: stay at home if you can with your family to minimise the spread of COVID19.
- Special Schools have children with an EHCP who fall into the “vulnerable” bracket. We have been asked to remain open although our role is to offer childcare rather than the usual curriculum.
- There is NO expectation that you will send your child to school. Each family needs to decide how best to keep their child and the rest of the family safe.
- If you are able to keep your child at home, my advice echoes that of the Government: stay at home and keep your child home if you can.
- We will send home packs of work for your child.
- We will make regular calls home to support with work.
- Our most vulnerable pupils will receive regular calls home from our welfare team.
We are doing all we can to maintain some education for your child and to keep the school open for those pupils who really need the childcare facility. If you are able to keep your child at home after today, please contact the office.
Thank you all for your continued support at this difficult time.