Driver - Term Time
Based Dover, Deal, Shepway, Ashford, Thanet, Herne Bay areas Term time only.
39 Weeks per year. Hours range from 7.5 per week to 16 per week depending on the area
KR4 £9.40 per hour (Full time equivalent £18,129)
Drivers will be responsible for safely operate the school’s bus routes, collecting pupils from home and delivering them to school for an 8.30am start; collecting them from school at 3pm (Monday to Thursday) and 2pm Friday and dropping them home. The successful candidates must:
- Be at least 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
- Hold a license (category B) for at least 12 months, the license must not have:
- More than 6 points
- Have any drink/drive endorsements
- Have a ban within the last 5 years
- Have more than two current speeding endorsements
- Have emotional resilience and a good sense of humour.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, superannuation scheme, childcare vouchers, behaviour management and safeguarding training and five weeks paid holiday per year.
The school requires a completed application form – no CV’s accepted.
Informal visits to the school prior to the closing date are welcome, please contact Alison Maddison-Roberts to arrange an appointment.
Elms School is committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check, pre-employment medical clearance, satisfactory references and verification of the right to work in the UK.